Where can I get some of this environmentally-friendly awesomeness?
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
6. For Argentine Ants, when you cease to stink, you cease to live.
5. Infospace has it's own black holes. I wonder how bit-rates change on a computational event horizon?
4. In one week, Hubble get's it's next tune-up.
3. Deep in the bright of our newborn universe there were strange blobs, strange blobs that could be primordial galaxies. But why do they glow? Stay tuned.
2. Igniting a star with lasers.
1. The fastest camera on Earth can take pictures at 6 million frames per second. The reason? When you are looking at ultra-fast movement, like neural activity or shockwaves, blurry images just don't cut it. And to get an idea of how fast six million frames a second is, count to six million. If you count one number per second, it will take you 69 days. Now live those two and a half months in one second.
Friday, May 1, 2009
...and the thing so many mech-heads have dreamed of finally comes true.
Here are two, steampunk giants that I would travel around the world to see. Until I can travel guilt free, I'll have to settle for life-sized robotic dinosaurs.
This is a lazy post, on a lazy night, after, let's face it, a lazy year of posting.
But I have to get back on the horse sometime.
found via botjunkie